Who We Are -- Division of Gender, Sexuality, and Health
This text refers to the full Division; for information specifically about the HIV Center,
The Division of Gender, Sexuality, and Health (Director: Anke A. Ehrhardt, Ph.D.) is based at the New York State Psychiatric Institute and the Columbia University Department of Psychiatry. The Division includes the following components:
- the HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies;
- the Program for the Study of LGBT Health;
- the New York/New Jersey AIDS Education and Training Center (NY/NJ AETC);
- training activities, including a postdoctoral program in human sexuality and HIV behavioral research;
- approximately 40 individual studies, and over 100 affiliated faculty, research staff, and advisors.
The Division of Gender, Sexuality, and Health also serves as a coordinating mechanism for all Columbia Psychiatry faculty engaged with the study of gender and sexuality, while providing critically needed training support to residents, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, professional staff, and community members.